Planning to Live your Passion
By Eileen Richardson
Do you feel you are living a career for some time now that is what is expected instead of what is your passion? Do you know somewhere down deep that what you want to do is still something you really can achieve but are not sure how to start?
You are among millions of adults in the world that have been doing the "right thing" in respect to earning an income in order to make it in this world, but feel unfulfilled. Or you could be someone who is ready for retirement now and know you want to "Do" something besides retire and don't know where to start.
The good thing is that you are not crazy or an unrealistic dreamer thinking these things. They can be achieved. You CAN live out your passion. Here are some steps to get you started:
- Write down on a piece of paper a phrase or sentence about events or everyday occurrences where you have felt extremely happy,content,fulfilled ,"on your game" ,appreciated.
Leave a line after each phrase or sentence.
- On the line you have left for each event write in the emotion(s) you felt specifically
- Go over each experience in your head and feel the emotion and relive it to it's fullest
- If you have someone you can express these experiences to verbalize each one to them.
- Write down in list form commonalities of these events such as location,people or types of people involved, type of event, etc.
- Look at these commonalities and envision your "perfect day" with these commonalities existing. What does it look like? What kind of
business/activity is this descibed as? Is there a profession that fits this? Is it a total new creation you have never seen before? Is this something you know others do?
Is it something that has some or most of the commonalities maybe not all? Identify it with your best effort.
- This is where you do research with books, talking to others who are in this arena, and research on the internet to see how this fits for you, and begin the search to how you can fit it into your life.
This may be something you need to research and build for years or maybe you can get involved in your spare time and eventually make it full-time.
Either way involving your passion or passions in your life in some respect makes life living and life so much sweeter.
"The Happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."
Alfred Lord Tennyson 1809-1892